Rules for Safe Play
Summer is here and you may have decided to put a new Rainbow Play System in your backyard, or maybe you already have one. Here are Rainbow’s rules for safe play so you can enjoy that play system!
- IT IS RECOMMENDED that no more than 10-12 children, not exceeding a combined weight of 1,800 pounds, play on the system at one time. This product is recommended for children 3 to 12 years of age.
- CLOSE ADULT SUPERVISION is required for children of all ages.
- WARN CHILDREN TO AVOID playing or walking to close to, in front of, behind, or between moving equipment.
- WARN CHILDREN NOT TO twist swing chains or ropes, or to loop them over the top support bar since this may reduce the strength of the chain or rope.
- INSTRUCT CHILDREN NOT TO swing empty seats, trapeze bar, gliders, buoy balls or tire swings.
- INSTRUCT CHILDREN to always sit, never stand or kneel, in the center of the swing seat with their full weight.
- INSTRUCT CHILDREN NOT TO use any part of the play system in a manner other than what it is intended.
- INSTRUCT CHILDREN NOT TO get off equipment while it is in motion.
- DRESS CHILDREN APPROPRIATELY. CHILDREN SHOULD NOT wear scarves, hats with straps, helmets, jackets with draw strings, hooded jackets, poorly fitting shoes, or any other loose fitting clothing that is potentially hazardous while using equipment.
- INSTRUCT CHILDREN NOT TO play on the equipment if it is wet. Potentially slippery surfaces may cause a hazard.
- VERIFY all suspended items such as ropes and chains are secure at both ends.